Okokokok it isn’t technically Autumn until the 22nd. Well, apazza it is currently ‘meteorological’ autumn according to Met Office… I’ll take that. I am getting the feeling that we are all kinda looking forward to it? I ain’t one for wishing time away, but there is just summin’ about the coming season that makes me feel warm and content. Also, it means I can play this banger (I play it all year round, but y’know) ?
There is a mix of emotion at this time of year. Some of us wanna cling on to every last drop of summer, but some of us are ittttttttching to light those vanilla spice candles and chuck on some sorta knitted garm.
I guess I am somewhere in between. Daylight till 9PM, impromptu BBQ’s, hazy beer garden afternoons and general warmth makes me SO happy. I ain’t ready for the grey drizzly days, but I am ready for the… I hate to say it ~hygge~ state of mind autumn gives me.
If you ain’t too happy about saying sayonara to Summer, maybe this will change ya mind. If you are an autumn fan gal like me, here are 25 reasons to get even more excited hehe.
I realise this kinda post has been done 138091 times before, I just couldn’t help myself. >:)
1. Chai. Chai lattes, chai tea, chai cake. This heavenly combo of spices just fills me with so much warmth and happiness.
2. Fairy lights. These are an all round ting in my household, but don’t they just make everything 129309% more cosy?
3. Crisp, cold mornings. DREAMY autumnal days where the sky is bright blue, but the breeze is just that little bit icy.
4. Getting stuck into a new series. Matt and I are going to start Game of Thrones. I haven’t seen a single episode, so I am kinda intimidated by the six year catch up!
5. CANDLES. The spiced ones that make your gaff smell like an autumnal wonderland, the tiny tealights dotted around the place. All of them.
6. Exploring the parks. This is something I do a lot of in the summer months (obvs) BUT wrapping up and taking a stroll as the leaves change is so lovely. The colours, the CRUNCH <3
7. Crumble. Apple or rhubarb crumble with a sea of custard is something I cannot wait for. Ooft. Check out mi gluten free / vegan recipe here.
8. My dressing gown. I won’t lie, I do wear this particular number all year round (since I was 8). BUT I can now wear it and feel comfortable. I need to invest in a summer gown, don’t I?
9. Pick your own. I am on a MISSION to go and forage for Sloe berries this autumn. Sloe gin? Yaaas. (Try my recipe here hehe)
10. Bonfire night. Getting your chums together and watching fireworks never gets old. Neither do sparklers. >:)
11. Mulled wine. Mulled cider. Cya later Gin & Tonic, my one true love is back.
12. New beginnings. September means a fresh start and new chapter. Starting school, university, work etc. I still attach the feeling of optimism and excitment to this time of year, maybe that’s why I love it so much?
13. Sunday roast. I have been VERY lucky in my male selection that Matt is just an absolute BOSS at whipping up a roast. Oh AND if you are after a dream of a veggie roast in London, check out The Kenton.
14. Deep plum lips. Darker shades of lippy have always been my thang, I can really push the boat out in autumn.
15. Baked Camembert. Friday nights in with red wine and ooooooozy camembert mopped up with sourdough. PEAK life right there.
16. Cooler commutes. Oh blimey, the end of sweaty peak time tube rides makes me so happy. Is there anything worse than being stood on a hot tube (surface of the sun) and not having the hands / room / balance to take your jumper off?
17. New coat. I have had my last winter coat for about three years now. I currently have my eye on this beauty…
18. Cinnamon buns. Beyond Bread do the most dreamy gluten free number, I also have my eye on the Nordic Bakery hehe.
19. Evenings in. Darker evenings that don’t make you feel so bad about staying in. Getting cosy under blankets, with a glass of wine, pizza and ya loved one. <3 <3
20. GBBO. Still not entirely sure what my thoughts are of GBBO sans Mazza B, Mel & Sue, but I like my lil baking fix on a Tuesday eve.
21. Baking. Following on from no. 20 – I bloody love a baking sesh in the Autumn. I’m gonna try some sorta chai tea bake this weekend…
22. Markets. There is something about the crisp autumnal sunshine that make Sunday strolls around the market so nice. Foodie markets, flower markets, I ain’t fussed.
23. BIG bear hug jumpers. Finding the softest jumper that keeps you nice ‘n’ toasty out and about. In fact, I have a lotta love for all warm fluffy garmets.
24. Bed socks. ? ??
25. Zara blanket scarfs. HALLELU.
Defo trying to style myself like Betty Cooper from Riverdale ?
Jumper Brandy Melville
What are little nuggets of autumn are you looking forward to? Or is it all too soon?
Either way, have the most vuuuunderbar weekend!