Oooft it’s Wednesday all of a sudden! Time is FLYING. The Blogger Bake Off is back and this time for European cakes, which is going to produce some right corkers.
I adore Europe. It is full of culture, beautiful places and bladdy beautiful grub. It is right next door to me and I don’t go often enough. My Mums side of the fam are from Italllia so I decided to channel the Italian vibes this week by making Torta Guanduia, a deliciously light, flourless chocolate cake with Amaretto and topped with Nutella. Gluten free and quite possibly the most divine chocolate cake to have ever passed my lips. What is there not to love?
Here’s what you will need:
250g Ground almonds
200g Unsalted butter
200g Dark chocolate
6 medium eggs, separated
200g golden caster sugar
Tbsp or 2 of Amaretto
150g Nutella – YUM.
1. Preheat the over to around 180C, grease your tin.
2. Get a bain maire – small pot of simmering water with big pot balanced on top ;) cube in your butter and dark chocolate and melt together.
3. Once melted, chuck in your ground almonds and combine, put aside for around 5 minutes.
4. Whisk together your egg yolks and sugar until pale and about double original volume.
5. Fold in to your chocolate/almond mixture.
6. Add in a few spoons of Amaretto. (Don’t forget to pour yourself a glass too)
7. Grab your whisk again and go cray cray at your egg whites so they form soft peaks and stay still when you tip the bowl, u get mi?
8. Gradually add to the rest of the mix, fold in the transfer to the tin.
9. Pop in the oven for around 35-40 minutes until soft and bouncy, if it wobbles when you shake it, it needs a few more minutes.
10. Let it cool completely then spoon over your Nutella.
Ever so slightly undercooked leaving the centre just the right level of gooey. MmHMM that’s what IIII’m talkin’ bout.
Fancy checking out some more European bakes? Check em out by using #TheGreatBloggerBakeOff.